The bad news started this afternoon with the news that Cliff Lee was headed back to Seattle for rest/diagnosis/treatment of abdominal strain. Then, as the evening progressed into the game against the Reds, things continued to go down hill … fast.
- Doug Fister was hit on the arm by a batted ball in the first inning and had to leave the game (x-rays to come)
- Jason Vargas replaced him and looked great for about 3 innings and then came the Reds home run barrage (including an inside-the-parker)
- Milton Bradley was ejected -AGAIN- and this time, sounds like he deserved it
- Jack Wilson was thrown out on an outfield assisted double-play when he lost track of the number of outs in the 9th inning
So, in a matter of hours…
- the M’s have lost one ace and one potential starter to injury for an unknown amount of time
- Milton is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy
- M’s lost another ST game (6th in-a-row)
Here’s hoping this too shall pass …
it’s only spring training …. right?
UPDATE: Wak none too happy with the recent Milty tossings
UPDATE: Hey, Wak’s reading my blog 🙂
from Kirby’s blog…
“What do they say? This too shall pass?” Wakamatsu said. “Hopefully.”