Pretty cool that those of us who couldn’t make to FanFest could watch some of the happenings live online – here are some of the highlights…
- Wedge may move Ichiro out of lead-off spot
- League looks to improve all his pitches
- Jesus happy to be here, wanst to continue to improve and have fun
- Carp just wants to hit
- Hultzen just wants to put his team in a position to win
- Walker and Paxton want to face Pujols
- Jack Z “put your arms around these kids, cuz you’re going to see them for awhile”
- Bone may be back in uniform in the not-too-distant future!
- Vargas seems to be taking a leadership role
- Montero on his number selection
- Olivo excited about all the young talent
- Robinson looking forward to playing hard
- Ryan glad to be healthy again
- Iwakuma says American ball won’t be a problem
- Wedge sticking with the plan
- Brandon anxious to get back to “work” after a winter of rehab
- Wells has a goal to be an All-Star
All three are first-round Draft picks. Hultzen was the No. 2 overall selection last year out of Virginia, while Paxton and Walker were supplemental picks — Paxton going 37th overall in ’09 to the Blue Jays before sitting out a year and Walker going 43rd overall to Seattle in 2010.
All three are ranked among the Top 100 prospects in baseball for 2012 by MLB.com: Hultzen at 16, Walker at 18 and Paxton at 77.
And all three have been invited to the Mariners Major League camp. Pitchers and catchers report to Peoria on Feb. 11.