As great as things went yesterday – quite the opposite today…
Felix said he’s fine and he’s ready, that the WS were just hitting everything. I’ll say – to the tune of 8 runs (7 earned) on 10 hits in 5 innings. And, the bullpen did not provide any relief (combined to allow another 5 runs on 6 hits).
So, was it…
– the typical last start of the spring? (maybe)
– the unusual, “hey, I’m going to Japan tomorrow!” ? (possible)
– just one of those days (likely)
– an injury (nah…)
– the mighty WS extraordinary talent (double nah)
Despite the fact that most of the hitting came too little, too late, with unknowns on the mound – there were some notables….
– Liddi’s had 3 RBI (oh, by the way – he’s leading the team in nearly every offensive category this spring)
– Montero with another RBI (one of the few that he has over Liddi)
– Figgy walked twice (tied with Smoak for the team lead)
Leaving, on a jet plane (the M’s, that is – wish I were too!!! )