- Good luck, Hector. Hope you find your focus in AAA
- Welcome back, Piggy!
- Best Wishes, Adam Moore ~ claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Royals
- Mike Carp’s been rehabbing in Tacoma since the 7/4 at DH/1B to keep that shoulder healthy
* Pryor to be sent on a rehab stint
* Erasmo won’t be ready for awhile so, M’s will need another starter after the ASB
The award, sponsored by Major League Baseball, is annually bestowed to the amateur player who best exhibits exceptional on-field ability and exemplary sportsmanship. Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper, the 2010 Golden Spikes recipient, made the announcement live on MLB Network.
A former University of Florida catcher who was selected by the Mariners in the Draft, Zunino won the 35th edition of the award over fellow finalists Mark Appel, a right-handed pitcher from Stanford, and Carlos Rodon, a left-handed pitcher from North Carolina State.
Zunino, who also won this year’s Dick Howser Trophy as the premier college player and the Johnny Bench Award as the best collegiate catcher, batted .322 with 19 home runs and 67 RBIs as a junior for the Gators in 2012.
As the Mariners tweeted … he’s going to need a bigger mantel 🙂