Now, why couldn’t I have chosen THIS game to go to? Oh well, the WIN is what matters.
Speaking of WINS, a 5-2 homestand with series wins vs the Hated Halos and the Ornery O’ . . . not too shabby!
ON THE MOUND
With the way his season has gone so far, whodathunk Aaron would have put these numbers up vs. the O’s?!?
SIX innings ~ FOUR hits ~ TWO earned runs ~ ONE walk ~ FIVE strikeouts
Carter was LIGHTS OUT in the 7th then, with two out in the 8th, gave up a solo shot and a couple of singles. Charlie to the rescue with a strikeout to end the inning. And then The Bartender, who, with the semi-blow out O’s win last night and the semi-blow out M’s win Monday night, needed some work. gets ’em 1-2-3 in the 9th.
AT THE PLATE
The boxscore from this game is truly a site to behold . . .
* Every batter except Dustin (who did walk) had at least ONE hit
* Kendrys and Michael S each had THREE hits
* Michael Morse hit his NINTH homer
* Jason, Justin and Kendrys all hit DOUBLES
* and, yes, Jesus hit a TRIPLE
and here’s the video proof!
but, wait! it wasn’t just a power game . . .
* Michael Saunders had the first bunt base hit of the season (O’s did that in last night’s game and it seemed to rub a little salt in the wound)
* and they had SEVEN walks!
IN THE FIELD
Michael S with TWO stolen bases (FOUR on the season – and he missed TWO weekes!)
How awesome is it to have the combination of speed and power?
tweets of the game . . .
NEWS and NOTES
Catching up on a couple things . . .
* Prior to the game, the M’s optioned Blake to AAA and re-called Lucas Luetge
* M’s sign Corey Patterson to a minor league deal
* Minor League Catching Coordinator John Stearns joins the team as interim 3B coach, as Jeff Datz deals with cancer diagnosis
* tracking Casper . . . he was picked up by the White Sox
M * A * S * H
* Stephen Pryor more than a month away from coming off the DL
* Josh Kinney should start rehab assignment soon
* Erasmo Ramirez throwing in AZ, no time table yet