Way to tarnish those Halos!
(I’ve always used “tarnish those halos” as my rally cry for the M’s vs. the Angels . . . didn’t know it was the name of a band 🙂 )
ON the MOUND
Chris recovered nicely from his last couple of rocky starts, holding the Halos hitless for a time . . .
- he didn’t allow a hit until the 5th (Calhoun single)
- he didn’t allow a run until the 7th (Pujols lead-off homer)
SIX.ONE innings ~ TWO hits ~ ONE earned run ~ THREE walks ~ FIVE strikeouts
} The bullpen continues to excel – today the combination of Charlie, Danny and Nando combined for TWO.TWO scoreless innings of relief
AT the PLATE
Small ball plates TWO in the 1st . . .
~ James with an infield single
~ Michael with a bunt single
~ Robbie with an RBI single
~ Justin with an RBI ground out
THIEFS! whodathunk it?
THREE stolen bases in the 2nd (rare for the M’s to steal 3 in ONE game or even a series!)
~ Dustin singled and stole 2B which allowed him to score when James reached on an error
~ James swiped 2B (though he’d likely have scored on Michael’s triple anyway 😉 )
~ Robbie singled in Michael (for the third run of the inning) and then stole 2B (but, was stranded there)
M’s bats (and legs!) gave Skaggs a rough go through the first couple of innings but, then he apparently made an adjustment that was not reciprocated as he faced the minimum in the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th (and retired FOURTEEN in-a-row before walking Michael in the 7th)
IN the FIELD
* Freese made an awesome play in the 1st to get Justin at 1B (though it was an RBI for Justin)
* Justin with an awesome snag for an unassisted DP
* Kyle made a great play that a l m o s t got Trout but, went for an infield single to lead off the 9th
* Trout was erased on a DP and then Halos were erased on a ground out to end the game
tweets of the game . . .