ON the MOUND
He gave everything he had ~ AGAIN ~ and, not only got nothing to show for it, he got a LOSS . . .
so unfair. All we can hope is that SOMEHOW this sparks the bats to come alive.
It wasn’t till the 7th that the Rangers had their first real shot at a run ~ runner at 3B w/TWO outs and Felix K’d Rios. Felix went out for the 9th but, it just wasn’t to be – strikeout, single and a walk . . .
EIGHT.ONE innings ~ FOUR hits ~ ONE earned run ~ TWO walks ~ SIX strikeouts
} Nando came in with the ONE out in the 9th and got TWO ground balls – unfortunately, the first one should have been a DP 😦
AT the PLATE
~ TWO hits?? BOTH by Mike (single and a double)
~ they stranded a runner at 3B in back-to-back innings (6th and 7th)
At least in the Yanks series it seemed they were really hitting the ball hard and the OF’er were just making great catches. Tonight . . . just . . . argh!!!
IN THE FIELD
* yikes! kinda scary in the 1st when they tried to turn a 3-6-3 ~ with Felix as the second “3” (he stretched impressively but, not q u i t e enough)
* then a nifty 1-4-3 DP in the 2nd
* James with a nice running catch in the 5th
* then ANOTHER scary play in the 6th when Robbie fielded an infield grounder and flipped it to Feilx who caught it BAREhanded, transferred to his glove and then tagged out the runner before he reached the bag
* Robbie committed an error in the 9th (wide throw to 1B trying to turn TWO) that allowed the first (and ultimately, winning) run of the game. The very next play he knocked down a line drive picked it up and threw to 1B in time for the 3rd out
tweets of the game . . .