M’s are 42-10 when they score FOUR or more runs . . .
and yes, Felix should have at least FIVE more wins but, regardless, he is a JOY to watch and a DOUBLE joy to watch when he gets a lead 🙂
ON the MOUND
and that’s why they call him K’ing . . .
- 1-2-3 in the 1st
- a lead-off double and a single in the 2nd led to the Braves only run
- a single and a walk in the 3rd are both stranded
- and then, Felix would merely retire ELEVEN in-a-row (face the minimum in innings 4-8)
EIGHT innings ~ FOUR hits ~ ONE earned run ~ ONE walk ~ EIGHT strikeouts
} Nando made things a little interesting in the 9th – giving up a lead-off double that would eventually score but, in the end, earned his 31st save and preserving Felix’s 12 win and the M’s 58th victory
AT the PLATE
The Braves got their lone run in the 2nd, the M’s scored ALL FOUR of their runs in the 4th . . .
via a HBP (Kyle) THREE singles (Chris D, LoMo and Austin) and a TWO score on a fielding error of Chris T’s ball in play (Chris also had the M’s only extra base hit – a double in the 3rd). After that, a couple of walks and a single – luckily, they didn’t need more.
IN the FIELD
* Nice around-the-horn double play in the 7th
* Chris Taylor with a diving stop and a great throw for the third out in the 8th
tweets of the game . . .