. . . and good hitting beats mediocre pitching.
Pretty impressive that the M’s pitching was able to limit the high-scoring Tiggers to SEVEN runs in this series and consequently take TWO of THREE (who knows – if it weren’t for a silly, vindictive umpire, they could have pulled off a SWEEP!) and take a HALF-game lead on the second Wild Card spot as they head to Philly.
- Book-ended his start by retiring the side in order in the 1st and the 6th
- Allowed a one-out double in the 2nd, one-out walk , TWO SB in the 3rd, one-out single in the 4th
- Only real trouble came in the 5th when the first TWO batters singled and a ground ball out left runners at 1B and 3B w/ONE out but, TWO shallow fly ball outs and he escaped w/o damage
SIX innings ~ FOUR hits ~ ZERO runs/earned runs ~ ONE walks ~ FOUR strikeouts
Tom, Danny and Yourvis weren’t real sharp – they combined for FOUR walks in their THREE innings . . .
} Tom’s walk was interesting, as it resulted in Lloyd’s second ejection in as many games (Randazzo again – this time he threw him out from 3B!
} Danny’s walk ended up scoring as he allowed a double that drove the walker in
} Yourvis allowed TWO walks (w/ONE out) but, thankfully was saved by PBF (4-6-3 DP)
btw ~ the Tiggers TOP THREE ended up 0/10 today 🙂
AT the PLATE
Nice to see double-digit hits and advantage taken on Tigger miscues (FOUR runs were UNearned) . . .
~ only TWO extra-base hits – Chris T double, Chris D triple
~ great to see Chris D contributing – 3/5 with an RBI triple
~ Austin, Robbie, Kendrys and Kyle all with TWO hits
~ runs all throughOUT the line up and RBIs from the middle
IN the FIELD
M’s DEE was solid as usual, Tiggers not so much . . .
* Only ONE DP but, it ends the game (4-6-3)
* Tiggers had NO DPs and THREE errors that accounted for FOUR earned runs
* Davis stole THREE bases but, for naught
tweets of the game . . .
p.s. be interesting to see what, if any, action Mr. Torre takes on the “reports” ~ one filed after each of the last TWO games ~ re: Randazzo’s falderal