Due to the Seahawks super success of late (two Super Bowls in two years – one of each variety, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat) I’ve found it increasingly difficult to switch gears from the frenzy of football to the everydayness of baseball. And, I’m sad to admit, I didn’t even follow Spring Training all that closely but, here’s what I know . .
- Jesus Montero arrived in SHAPE!
- Dustin Ackley’s first child was born “en-route” to Peoria
- The short stop competition was neck-n-neck, until it was decided on a broken wrist
- Lloyd knows what’s what, who’s who and that’s that
- Mike Zunino looking to take steps, no leaps, forward this season (and, he shares a birthday ~March 25th~ with the last, best catcher the M’s had – Dan Wilson)
- Guti and Joe Saunders signed AAA contracts, Endy opted out and was released
- Erasmo Ramirez dealt to Rays for lefty Mike Montgomery
- Tyler Olson is the surprise of the Spring!
- Joe Beimel’s back
- Taijuan Walker getting some much deserved national pub . . .
Apparently, our little ole M’s are a “trendy pick” . . .
- ESPN picks
- ESPN – Jim Caple
- MLB.com – Phil Rogers
- MLB.com – Power Rankings
- LA Times – Mike Digiovanna
- The Seattle Times – Larry Stone
I’m ready now.
ONE. MORE. SLEEP.