The bats FINALLY came alive in the finale and just when we thought we’d see one of the final “firsts” (a starters ‘W’) the bullpen totally imploded . . .
a 9-3 lead in the 9th turned into a nightmarish 10-9 loss
the positives thus far:
- 3 for 8 w/RISP (after 1 for 7, and 1 for 6 in the first two games
- Robbie breaking out: homer, double, FIVE rbi
- Mitch leading the M’s in homers (THREE) and runs (EIGHT)
- Gene leading the Ms in average (.333), hits (TEN) and steals (THREE)
- Felix seems to have no residual issues with the groin, decent outing yesterday
- Kuma starting out well (despite too many walks) and his lack of a W on Sunday was not his fault
the negatives thus far:
- until today, the bats were cold as ice
- the bullpen has given up runs in FOUR of the SEVEN games so far
Time for the boys to head home, time to stack up some WINS!!!
See you tomorrow @Mariners 🙂