Mariners 6 | Astros 5
The scoreboard in this one was a see-saw indeed!
0-3, 2-3, 4-5, 5-5, 6-5
with the ‘stros only scoring in the 5th and 7th and the M’s scoring in the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th
ON the MOUND
Kikuchi’s see-saw started off on the upside: 4.1 innings of ZERO hits. Then, a couple of rough innings -5th and 7th- where he was sorta singled to death (including TWO of the 2-run variety). But, even though his final line wasn’t spectacular, good to see him get through SEVEN: 7IP-6H-5R-5ER-3BB-3SO
Way to go, Bully!
Steckenrider & Misiewicz combined for 2 innings of ONE hit, ZERO runs, walks and TWO Ks
AT the PLATE
and, oh that top o’ the order! Mitch + Ty + Kyle = SIX hits, FIVE RBI
- Haniger extended his hitting streak to EIGHT games; recorded his 5th multi-hit game; has reached in all FOURTEEN!
- Seager gets TWO in to take the team lead in RBI
- White’s solo shot (his first of the season) tied it up in the 8th
- France with a near homer had 2B in the 6th and got his FIRST career, game-winning hit!
IN the FIELD
- TWO DPs for (involving France, Crawford and White but, in different order
- ONE error (Moore)
tweets of the game . . .