M’s perfect in extra innings: 5-0
Mariners 6 | Athletics 5
ON the MOUND
- Gilbert’s first QS in the bigs: 6IP-5H-2R-2ER-1BB-5SO
- the 8th was a bit of bummer (Misiewicz allowed a couple runners and Chargois came in and promptly gave up a inherited run on a balk and another on a single)
- but, rest of the pen was as stellar as usual (Vest, Montero, Zamora combined for a scoreless THREE innings)
AT the PLATE
FOUR in the 4th . . .
- Walton’s first bit league homer was a THREE-run shot (scoring Crawford and Nottingham)
- Kelenic walked and scored from 1B on Lewis’s double
and then they waited until the 10th . . .
- France tied it up with an RBI (scoring Mayfield who started the inning at 2B)
- Murphy had a game-winning sac-fly (scoring France from 3B)
IN the FIELD and ON the BASES
- ONE error: Lewis
- ONE DP: Crawford-France
- ONE SB: Kelenic
tweets of the game . . .