Now, THAT is how to serve up a Happy Home Stand!
Winning ALL three series, 7-2 overall record, including a “royal” sweep!
ON the MOUND
- Marco: a tale of two pitchers . . .
a great bounce back start vs the Astros where he went SEVEN and only gave up ONE run getting the win in an 11-1 M’s victory. Then a sad start vs the Rangers where he didn’t even make it through FIVE innings, giving up SIX runs in the M’s 6-8 loss.
- Chris: off to a slow start but, steady progress . . .
He posted his second loss in as many starts in the M’s loss via shutout vs the Astros. Then, got his first win of the season, going SEVEN strong vs the Royals.
- Matt: walking to victory and not . . .
kind of a crazy start vs the Astros, where he picked up the “W” despite walking SIX. Then, in a no decision vs the Royals, he walked another FOUR and gave up THREE earned runs but, the M’s offense exploded, giving them the 13-7 victory.
- Robbie: so far, just call him Steady Eddy . . .
two nearly identical lines for Robbie in both his home starts: 6 innings 3 earned runs and one walk that gave him one victory and one no decision. The best news is the M’s won both.
- Logan: super solid stud – .54 ERA after three starts
he earned his second victory via a 6H – ZERO ER – ZERO BB performance vs the Rangers
OUT of the PEN
Still a strength, the pen combined for: 30IP-23H-8R-5ER-10BB-32K-1S
- always good to have LESS hits than innings pitched
- always good to have MORE strikeouts than innings pitched
- only ONE save in SEVEN victories but then, there was only one save opp (thanks to the stellar offense)
AT the PLATE
Except for a shutout vs Verlander, the offense was nothing short of spectacular!
When was the last time you heard (read) those four words in reference to the Mariners?
- Ty was the obvious standout hitter of this home stand – safe to say, he is ON FIRE . . .
– 18/38 posting 19 RBI – 4 HR – 3 2B – 7 BB
– He is TOP THREE in the AL in AVG (.371), HR (5), RBI (19) OBP (.459) SLG (.656) and OPS (1.115)
- Eugenio and Adam are proving to be solid contributors
- JP’s been steady from the start and just getting better
- Jesse, continues to be “Mr. Patience” w/SEVEN more walks and leads the Majors w/FIFTEEN total
- Julio and Jarred starting to come around, slowly but surely
- Mitch missed all but the first game at home on the COVID DL (Skip was out for most of the home stand as well)
As a team so far in this young season, M’s offense is TOP THREE in the following categories . . .
- RBI (2nd)
- Runs (2nd)
- OBP (1st)
- OPS (2nd)
- HR (3rd)
- SB (3rd)
IN the FIELD
The defense has been fairly steady – a few spectacular plays, a few uncharacteristic flubs
- They can definitely TURN TWO – second in the league in DP’s w/16 (turned FOUR in the first FOUR innings of Matt’s start vs. Houston)
- Fielding Percentage of .983 (10th in the AL) could definitely be improved
some tweets of the home stand . . .