Started out OK in Tampa Bay – taking the series 2-1 but, it was all downhill from there . .
series loss in Toronto and SWEPT away in Boston.
‘t will be a bit difficult to focus on the positive – or, maybe it will be easy, as there is little of it 😦
THREE 1-run games and the M’s took TWO
- Marco w/a QS and the W in game ONE
- Jesse w/a THREE-run homer in game TWO
- Bats heated up to the tune of SIXTEEN hits in game THREE, including . . .
-FOUR doubles (Abraham, Adam, Ty, Jesse)
-TWO homers (Julio, Cal)
A bit of everything . . .
- Not much was working in the FIRST game: only FOUR hits, ONE double (Jesse); Chris did an admirable job, posting a QS w/SEVEN K’s but, the bullpen fell apart.
- In the SECOND game a GREAT start by Logan (7IP-6H-3ER-2BB-9K) went to waste, as SIX hits yielded ZERO runs
- Finally, in the THIRD game, the offense woke up pounding out TEN hits, including THREE homers (Abraham, Ty and Cal) and Marco posted another QS for the WIN
Hey! The M’s scored a total of 18 runs in FOUR games (4.5/game)
(unfortunately, the Red Sox scored a total of THIRTY-THREE runs in the same FOUR games)
- game one: TEN hits, SIX runs (including doubles by Eugenio, Ty and homers by Dylan, Julio) should win it but, another rough outing for the youngster (George) and an even rougher performance by the bullpen, t’was not to be
- game two: despite the still/recent torrid bats of Ty, Eugenio and Abraham and the decent start by Robbie (not so decent bullpen) – ya just can’t win it in Fenway w/THREE runs
- game three: bats a bit better w/TWELVE hits, THREE doubles (JP, Mike, Julio) yielded FIVE runs but, despite the game being tied at FIVE for the majority of the game – the bp (Drew) gave up a triple and a single and what was the winning run, in the 8th
- game four: ANOTHER nice start by Logan wasted – the M’s trailed the majority of the game, Eugenio homered to tie it in the 9th, Adam hit an RBI single to take the lead in extras – but, Munoz would give up a w/o GRAND SLAM in the bottom of the 10th