Every year, I’m so captivated by the Opening Day ceremony, there’s always a point where I realize. “wow, we still get to watch a baseball game!”. That realization was ten-fold tonight, as Griffey’s Number Retirement Ceremony was the ceremony to end all ceremonies (see post dedicated to that here )
OK, how weird was that?!?
Trout w/ a THREE-run home run for the second straight game . . .
but, M’s made it moot 🙂
ON the MOUND
Unlike Felix the previous night, Tai (just off the DL) wasn’t able to get deep . . .
He failed to strike out at least one batter for the first time in his career and FOUR of the SEVEN hits he allowed were for extra-bases.
FOUR innings ~ SEVEN hits ~ SIX earned run ~ TWO walks ~ ZERO walks
But, Yay, for the Bully!
Cody, Drew, Tom and Eddy combined for FIVE scoreless innings . . .
- Cody especially impressive, going TWO.TWO, allowing only TWO hits, NO walks
- w/the weird way they score wins, Drew gets it, despite only facing ONE batter
- Tom looked great, striking out TWO of the THREE batters he faced
- Eddy earned his FOURTH save (though he’s slackin’ – didn’t K a batter 😉 )
AT the PLATE
TEN total hits including THREE homers and TWO doubles . . .
- great to see Guti getting going – triple short of the cycle!
- Guillermo’s FIRST major league homer
- and, the big blast by, of course, Shawn O’Malley 🙂
(btw ~ I really did say “Do it for Jr!” Right before Shawn hit the homer to take the lead 🙂 )
IN the FIELD
Sparkling DEE tonight! Including THREE double-plays and TWO of the home run heros each turn around and make GREAT plays in the field the next half inning . . .
- Guillermo w/ a nice running grab in left and a throw to double the runner off 1B
- Shawn with a great snare and a “I don’t know how he did that” cross-body throw to get the runner at 1B (after which, a spontaneous chant of “Shawn O’Malley!” broke out)
tweets of the game . . .